Population Health Strategy Lead Autoimmune T1D
Job Title: Population Health Strategy Lead Autoimmune T1D
- Location: Riyadh
- Full time - permanent role
About the job
We are seeking a highly motivated and visionary leader interested in shaping the management of people at risk of developing/or with T1 diabetes.
As the Population Health Strategy Lead, you will be primarily responsible to adapt the Global people-at-risk screening, monitoring & infrastructure strategy to your country context for a first-in-class therapy in Autoimmune Type 1 Diabetes.
Reporting to Head of Autoimmune Type 1 Diabetes, this role is strategically positioned to realize the ambition for T1D and contribute to the overall future success of Sanofi.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Adapting the Global people-at-risk screening, monitoring and infrastructure strategy and leading its cross-functional execution at local level (e.g., coordinating all activities, internal and external stakeholders related to it) to help better identify people at-risk/patients
- Together with Medical and Public Affairs, identifying opportunities to improve screening and monitoring and infusion accessibility by identifying new testing channels and methodologies (e.g., via digital healthcare solutions), advocating for screening reimbursement (in collaboration with Market Access), deploying funding initiatives (e.g., sponsorship), demonstrating benefits and value proposition of screening (e.g., by developing local pilots, gathering data, and expanding them)
- Participating in adapting the Global messaging to ensure a compelling screening narrative (incl. value of screening, available screening infrastructures and programs, T1D staging, etc.) is available at country level and is tailored to the different segments of customers (e.g., HCPs, patients, families) based on local go-to-market model
- Mapping the screening and monitoring ecosystem (incl. centers of excellence, diagnostic labs/companies, EMR companies, telemedicine platforms, registries) and referral pathways
- Under strict Medical leadership and E&BI guidance, contributing to screening and monitoring partnerships with cross-functional team, incl. diagnostic companies (to e.g., ensure testing accessibility and standardization where relevant), electronic medical record companies & other sources of data (to e.g., inform sophisticated people at risk profiling, insights generation, monitoring), telemedicine platforms etc.
- Defining the optimal referral pathway (incl. digital solutions) for seamless people at risk/ patient journeys across the healthcare system
- Collaborating with Patient Experience to inform the end-to-end patient journey development
- Coordinating and working closely with the field teams on the implementation of the end-to-end patient / person-at-risk journey, from person-at-risk identification to infusion readiness
- Identifying any operational barriers along the patient pathway
- Collecting and sharing the best practices with the country and Global teams
- Assessing and managing risks around screening and monitoring in collaboration with Ethics & Business Integrity and Legal teams
- 10+ years of a combination of pharmaceutical or Medical Devises and diagnostic commercial experience
- Desired experience in launching products in Rare disease / Type 1 Diabetes
- The Applicant should has experience in public affairs & Lead , market access –Medical Protocol
- Soft skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to effectively engage internal and external stakeholders, build and cultivate strong working relationships
- Highly collaborative, with ability to work with Global and cross functional teams
- Outstanding networking capabilities with strong negotiating skills
- Ability to develop organizational capabilities while influencing others
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work agile, demonstrate creativity and be a strong team player
- Self-driven, results-oriented with ambition for optimal results
- Strong PMO skills with the ability to lead, simplify and move at pace, large complex programs
- Ability to build proper environment to enable Playing to Win culture to flourish
- Technical skills:
- Strong background in national health initiatives, or launching products requiring monitoring/screening
- Experience in building partnerships with screening infrastructures and in developing data-driven solutions, including AI
- Deep understanding of care pathway operational aspects
- Proven ability to translate health system market knowledge and develop strategic plans with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to execute tactical initiatives
- A solution-oriented mindset enabling effective and creative problem solving with customers' needs as a primary focus
- Strong commercial business and financial acumen, strategic thinking, and data analytics capabilities
- Must achieve and maintain compliance with all applicable regulatory, legal, and operational rules and procedures, and require the same of his/her team
- Education: Bachelor’s degree –Medical, Pharmacy, Public Policy background desired; Marketing concentration preferred. Advanced degree preferred
- Languages: Strong communication and presentation skills in English and Arabic will be a great asset
Pursue progress, discover extraordinary
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.