Value & Access Specialist
The primary responsibility of the role is to support the development of the country market access strategies & plans and key deliverables (e.g., local adaptation of value proposition and data generation) for the assigned products/projects and to support the strategy execution. He/she will develop the P&R dossiers and key arguments/presentation for the negotiation aligned with strategies and support the negotiation with HTA agency/payers to ensure the optimal pricing and access conditions for the assigned products.
Direct report to (Sr.) Market Access Manager
Working closely with country BU/Public Affairs/Communication/Medical/Regulatory/Finance/Channel Management and regional/global Market Access (V&A, HEVA and Pricing) team to ensure market access strategies are aligned with global strategies and overall business goals for Sanofi Korea.
Work as a team with the (Sr.) Market Access Manager to execute approved market access plans within budget in a timely fashion, including Preparation and review of all market access submission materials, including:
Preparation and review of all market access submission materials, supporting Budget Impact Assessments (BIA), Pharmaco-economic studies (PE), Clinical Summaries and other materials as required by payers.
Work closely with Business Units to monitor volume, competitors, actual transaction prices etc. and forecast potential price changes on a regular basis.
Support development and review of clinical and pharmacoeconomic data, including budget impact analysis and support pricing and reimbursement strategies on new product acquisitions for business development.
Support design, development and implementation of optimal and competitive reimbursement strategies that can be applied to market access across therapeutic areas.
Support the development of the local the pricing and contracting offer and the negotiation preparation by developing contracting tools for managed entry agreements, benchmarking case studies, organizing mock negotiation
Continuously look for opportunities to improve policy environment including internal pricing and reimbursement process
Fluent in Korean & Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
Bachelor’s Degree (or above) of Pharmacy(preferred), Statistics or Science
Graduate degrees in Public Health or Health Economics (preferred)
Experience & knowledge:
- Minimum 1 year of experience within the pharmaceutical industry with an in-depth understanding of market access process (healthcare system, pricing policy and HEOR)
- Strategic mindset with problems solving, and analytical skills
- Pro-active attitude and the ability to work independently
- Experience in communicating, influencing, and negotiating with healthcare policy decision-makers
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Good communication & negotiation skill
The following experience and knowledge would be an advantage.
- Experience of new drug reimbursement with cost-effectiveness analysis
- Understanding of the business of healthcare
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Good writing skill for value dossier and key value messages
- Strong results orientation i.e. has a proactive, business-oriented focus with the resolve to set challenging goals and demonstrate the commitment and persistence to achieve them
- Good project management skill
- Good computer skills – MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Hangul
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.