Sr Manager, Market & Social Insights
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Job Type: Full time
About the job
At Sanofi Consumer Healthcare, we have one shared mission – we work passionately, every day, to ‘serve healthier, fuller lives’ now and for the generations to come.
In order to do so, we strive to act as a force for good by integrating sustainability along our business and employees’ mission and operate responsibly from both a social and environmental point of view.
Everything we do is centered around people’s interests – our consumers, our customers, healthcare professionals, and our employees – across the world.
We are building loved brands that serve 1bn consumers worldwide, through our key platforms: Allergy, Physical & Mental Wellness, Pain, Digestive Wellness and Cough, Cold & Flu.
We aspire to become the best Fast Moving Consumer Health (FMCH) company In & For the world and we aim to build a work environment where people can thrive, grow, enjoy and be at their best.
As a Senior Manager of Market & Social Insights, you will be responsible for understanding the competitive landscape, social insights, cultural trends and the consumer healthcare marketplace to identify future growth opportunities and inspire activation across the CHC (Consumer Healthcare) business in North America. Your role will involve conducting competitor analyses and consumer behavior studies to identify market opportunities and understand consumer needs to drive impact. You will also harness macro and cultural consumer trends and social insights to connect them to the business. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to translate insights into actionable recommendations that drive growth and improve the organization's competitive position. Additionally, you will stay updated on industry best practices and methodologies to ensure the organization remains at the forefront of market intelligence. This role reports into the Director of Shopper & Market Insights at Sanofi CHC North America.
- Develop and maintain competitive intelligence insights, with activation across brand teams, key stakeholders and senior leaders.
- Develop creative ways to infuse the external environment and cross category insights throughout the organization, such as new platforms and facilitating workshops.
- Analyze industry trends, market dynamics, and competitive activities to provide strategic recommendations for business growth and market positioning.
- Develop and implement a consumer led strategy to gather insights, foresights and trends relative to the external environment across OTC categories and the competitive landscape.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, product development, and sales, to integrate market insights into business strategies, product development, and go-to market plans.
- Develop and maintain market intelligence reports, dashboards, and presentations to communicate key findings, trends, and recommendations to senior leadership and stakeholders.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices within market research and consumer insights to drive innovation and continuous improvement.
- Conduct primary and secondary market research, including surveys, focus groups, interviews, and data analyses, to uncover actionable insights and identify market opportunities.
- Manage relationships with external research agencies, consultants, and vendors to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality market research projects.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and ethical standards in conducting market research and handling consumer data.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, market research, or a related field. A master's degree or MBA is preferred.
- 5-7 years proven experience in market research, market insights, or a related field, with a focus on strategic analysis and translating data into actionable recommendations.
- Strong knowledge of market research methodologies, including qualitative and quantitative research techniques, survey design, and data analysis.
- Experience in managing and leading market research projects, including vendor selection, research design, data collection, and analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to synthesize complex data into actionable insights and strategic recommendations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex findings to stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong leadership qualities, including the ability to lead and inspire a team, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritize workload.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders and build strong relationships internally and externally.
- Up-to-date knowledge of market trends, consumer behavior, and best practices in market research and market intelligence.
Pursue Progress, Discover Extraordinary
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.