Sanofi Manufacturing and Supply organization is preparing its future through an ambitious program named EVolutive Facility (EVF). The EVF Project is at the cornerstone of Sanofi strategy as it aims at creating a new manufacturing concept consisting of a new generation of evolutive multi-product facilities, modular, adaptable and agile, leveraging new disruptive technologies, to better address vaccine business challenges as well as Specialty Care Biologics products. One of these two EVF is implemented in Singapore in a new Greenfield site, with a design identical to the one in Neuville (France). The facilities will also have highly digitalized and automated capabilities which is a key enabler for operations using technologies such as autonomous guided vehicles (AGVs), cobots and cloud systems.
Technician, Manufacturing is a role within the Manufacturing Department of the EVF project in Tuas, Singapore. It is catered for fresh Diploma or Higher NITEC Holders from relevant disciplines. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of either the Process Manufacturing (PM) or Central Manufacturing Services (CMS) Team. This candidate will have significant learning and developmental opportunities to work cross functionally with other departments.
The role will report to the Manager, Manufacturing. The role includes active participation in EVF Greenfield project in Singapore initially and eventually will be part of the manufacturing team of Sanofi to perform the Engineering, Process Performance Qualification (PPQ) and commercial batches.
During the project phase, the Technician, Manufacturing will participate in the design and execution of the following:
Execution of engineering / Commissioning & Qualification (C&Q) activities of the manufacturing facility, equipment, and respective systems. Operational and Digital Readiness for manufacturing systems and workflows including but not limited to the performance of user (site) acceptances tests and preparation of operational documents.
Beyond the project phase, the Technician, Manufacturing will have a routine operational manufacturing role not limited to the following:
Routine GMP manufacturing activities in the operational manufacturing team. User of digital and automation applications and software related to manufacturing systems. Participation in continuous improvement and optimization projects.
The scope and seniority of the candidate after the project phase will be based on the individual’s demonstrated interest, capability, and performance during the project phase of the program.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies / Language
- Self-starter and independent worker who can operate and perform in cross functional teams.
- Possess analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to problem solve and navigate through complexity and ambiguity.
- Able to work in fast paced and dynamic conditions with tight timelines.
- Good technical writing skills
- Team player
Qualifications / Requirement
- Higher NITEC/Diploma in a related Engineering or Science discipline
- Higher NITEC/Diploma Graduate or <2 years of working experience.
- Candidate should be able to start work by Jul 2024 or earlier.
- Starting job grade of the role will be commensurate with the applicant’s highest education qualification and any other relevant experience.
- Candidates with prior internships or industrial attachments in biopharmaceutical and biotechnology organizations would be advantageous.
Any other requirements of the job
- Working hours during the initial Project Phase – work office hours (weekdays) with hybrid work locations from both Sanofi Tuas Site Office and home.
- Working hours beyond the Project Phase – 12 hours rotating shift (including day/night, and weekends) on site to support production activities.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.