IFRS16 Lease Accounting SME
Job title: SBS A2R Lease Accounting SME
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Flexible working: 60% home 40 % office
Job type: Permanent full-time
About the job
Sanofi Business Services (SBS), set up a captive shared service centre in Budapest to provide end to end services to SBS Europe, North America and South Africa covering the following areas of the Account to Report (A2R) process:
- Assets Management
- Treasury accounting
- GL accounts closing and reporting
In addition, the Budapest Shared Service Centre is the host of global Centres of Excellence (CoE) and provide support and other services globally, like Intercompany Acconting CoE Team and IFRS16 Lease Accounting CoE Team.
The SBS A2R Lease Accounting SME reports to SBS A2R Lease Accounting Manager and works closely with Finance (Controlling, P2P, Internal Control), Car Fleet Admin, Facility/Real Estate Management, A2R teams in regions / countries and lessor companies.
- Work with Finance Business Partners, car fleet administrators, real estate teams and other stakeholders globally to gather the required information for lease accounting
- Make changes in the lease database to reflect the correct accounting for lease changes and validate the impact of these changes
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of the database and our general ledger, roll-forward of Right of Use and Finance Liability accounts
- Supporting the Finance Business Partners on the interpretation of their IFRS16 figures and with submitting the right information to them
- Prepare quarterly SOX documentation in line with Sanofi Internal control framework
- Complete all activities as per the global Core Model and operational KPIs
- Develop expert level knowledge of the activities in scope as well as local knowledge of entities in scope and become a super-user
- Pro-actively anticipate operational issues and coach junior & senior analysts
- Build, document and transfer A2R Core Model process knowledge (Level 6/7) relating to lease accounting activities.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and participate in process automation initiatives
- 3-4 years’ experience in IFRS16 lease accounting preferably in an international multicultural environment
- Expertise in Lease Accounting activities
- Knowledge of IFRS and local GAAPs
- Knowledge of GL accounting and reporting
- Strong Technical Accounting skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and expertise of MS Excel
- Hands-on experience of SAP FICO
- Desired but not mandatory: working knowledge of NAKISA (Lease database tool)
- Attentive to detail, precise, action oriented and change agent
- Role model / coach to junior analysts
- Ability to interact with internal and external clients in a professional manner
- Team player, able to work collaboratively transversally and with A2R front line teams with an end-to-end mindset
- Good communication skills, attentive to customer needs and feedback
- Strong problem solving, deductive and analytical skills
Education: Bachelor or equivalent. Graduate degree in Accounting or Finance.
Languages: English fluent (written and oral). Knowledge of other European languages is advantageous.
When joining our team, you will experience:
- An international work environment, in which you can develop your talent and realize ideas and innovations within a competent team
- An attractive, market-oriented salary and cafeteria benefits
- Flexible home office policy, with a possibility to work up to 60% of time from home / where you can easily schedule your office days
- Work from an "Office of the Year 2020" finalist office
- Collective life and accident insurance
- Yearly medical check-up
- An individual and well-structured introduction and training of new employees and we will dedicate a Buddy for you to better navigate in your first weeks
- Your own career path within Sanofi. Your professional and personal development will be supported purposefully
- Join a great community & special events (Monthly Board Game Nights, Summer Events, Well-Being Lectures & Sport Clubs)
Pursue progress, discover extraordinary
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, ability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Discover our Code of Conduct, that serves as the moral compass that guides us when chasing the miracles of science to improve people’s lives. Please ensure to have read this document before applying.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.