Public Affairs Manager
Public Affairs Manager
- Location: Reading
- Flexible working
- Job type: Full time
About the job
UK & Ireland Corporate Affairs Team works to protect and grow Sanofi’s corporate and product reputation by implementing integrated communications strategies.
The team’s work is driven by Sanofi’s mission to improve people’s lives; acting as strategic partners to tell compelling stories, shape the external environment, enhance Sanofi’s reputation and inspiring its people to achieve positive change for society.
- Support development of proactive and reactive government affairs strategies
- Monitor and interpret the UK political and health policy environment, identifying challenges and opportunities
- Support Government Affairs Lead on political engagement programme with key stakeholders
- (e.g. ministers, parliamentarians, senior civil servants and patient advocacy groups)
- Support development of responses to relevant government consultations and provide strategic input into NHS led consultations
- In collaboration with the broader public affairs team, maximise opportunities to engage with policy developments impacting access, pricing and reimbursement
- Support industry association engagement (ABPI and EMG)
- Demonstrable experience working in the pharmaceutical industry (agency or in-house) with a proven track record of developing and delivering government and public affairs strategies
- In-depth understanding of the UK healthcare system, policy, political environments, and regulatory environment
- Excellent knowledge and experience of working with health environment and national organisations
- Proven ability to develop trust-based relationships with parliamentarians, government officials, senior NHS managers, patient groups, think tanks and other third parties
- Experience: Minimum 5-6 years experience in health policy or communications in healthcare sector
- Soft skills: Influencing, Patient Minded, Team Player, Integrity, Resilience, Entrepreneurial, Results-oriented, Collaborative, Creative, Politically Astute
- Technical skills: Excellent verbal and written skills, Skilled with Microsoft Word/PowerPoint
- Education: Minimum is bachelor’s degree in related field
- Languages: English
Pursue progress. Discover extraordinary.
Visas for those who do not already have the right to work in the UK will be considered on a case by case basis according to business needs and resources.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.