Senior Analyst - Integrated Insights
About the job
Sanofi Global Hub (SGH) is an internal Sanofi resource organization based in India and is setup to centralize processes and activities to support Specialty Care, Vaccines, General Medicines, CHC, CMO, and R&D, Data & Digital functions. SGH strives to be a strategic and functional partner for tactical deliveries to Medical, HEVA, and Commercial organizations in Sanofi, Globally.
The overall purpose and main responsibilities are listed below:
- At our Sanofi we are leveraging analytics and technology, on behalf of patients around the world. We are seeking those who have a passion for using data, analytics, and insights to drive decision making that will allow us to tackle some of the world’s greatest health threats.
- Within our commercial Insights, Analytics, and Data organization we are transforming to better power decision-making across our end-to-end commercialization process, from business development to late lifecycle management.
- Deliverables support planning and decision making across multiple functional areas such as finance, manufacturing, product development and commercial.
- In addition to ensuring high-quality deliverables, our team drives synergies across the franchise, fosters innovation and best practices, and creates solutions to bring speed, scale and shareability to our planning processes. As we endeavour, we are seeking a dynamic talent for the role of “Senior Analyst - Integrated Insights”
- We are looking for a team member to support our analytics team based out of US. Robust analytics is a priority for our businesses, as the product potential has major implications to a wide range of disciplines.
- It is essential to have someone who understands and aspires to implement innovative analytics techniques to drive our insights generation across different franchises.
- Maintain effective relationship with the end stakeholders within the allocated GBU and tasks – with an end objective to develop education and communication content as per requirement
- Actively lead and develop SGH operations associates and ensure new technologies are leveraged
- Initiate the contracting process and related documents within defined timelines; and
- Collaborate with global stakeholders for project planning and setting up the timelines and maintaining budget.
- Refresh Existing Reports and identifies improvement opportunities in reporting and BI tools and as needed structure / functionality with the latest insights as they become available
- Create dashboards to synthesize and visualize key information and enable business decisions
- Works to develop deal tracking analytics and reporting capabilities
- Collaborates with Digital to enhance data access across various sources, develop tools, technology, and process to constantly improve quality and productivity
- Partner with Immunology CI team across the Sanofi and Regeneron alliance based in the US, for high quality execution and on time delivery of the CI projects and initiatives. This includes development, refinement, and comprehensive quality control for standard deliverables (real-time CI alerts, landscape decks, conference coverage, earnings calls coverage, competitor benchmarking), slide preparation for various internal meetings, and strategic and tactical ad hoc support
- Support CI planning for key conferences with guidance/input from the Sanofi/Regeneron teams. Support cross-functional team preparedness and proactive planning
- Support competitive simulation workshops, including development of briefing/fact books, gap analysis, SWOT, scenario planning
- Collaborate with CI vendor and Sanofi and Regeneron CI team to develop and refine deliverables
- Leverage a wealth of in-house secondary resources to develop a comprehensive, synthesized narrative for key competitive topics and questions on an ad hoc basis
- Development and refinement of key in-house CI resources including clinical trial trackers, clinical data comparisons, internal portals, launch timings
- Participate in global, regional, and local meetings as relevant to better understand the business context and appropriately translate into deliverables
- Communicate (written, oral) optimally with various internal stakeholders in a matrix environment
- Provide evidence-based recommendations to support decision-making
- Proactively troubleshoot and offer solutions/options before escalating and reaching out for help
- Support logistics of scheduling meetings with a large number of people, as needed
- Support PO processing, as needed.
- Support delivery of projects in terms of resourcing, coordination, quality, timeliness, efficiency, and high technical standards for deliveries made by the medical writing group, including scientific documents and clinical/medical reports
- Contribute to overall quality enhancement by ensuring high scientific standards for the output produced by the medical writing group; and
- Secure adherence to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with all applicable standards
- Refresh report on frequency/cycle basis (weekly/monthly/quarterly/annually), along with QC checks for each refresh
- Use latest tools/technologies/methodologies and partner with internal teams to provide support on all sort of regular and adhoc business analytics activities like build, maintenance, and enhancements of such systems
- Ability to work cross-functionally, gather requirements, analyse data, and generate insights and reports that can be used by the GBU.
- Work closely with global teams and/ external vendors to ensure the end-to-end effective project delivery of the designated publication/medical education deliverables
- Be able to provide and defend gathered intelligence, methodology, content, and conclusions to the global leadership in a clear, concise format.
- Experience: 7+ years of experience in pharmaceutical product commercial, CI and Insights analytics. Experience with an Immunolog/CVRM/GenMedVaccines/or relevant therapy area focus preferred. In-depth knowledge of CI techniques and use of different insight approaches; Demonstrated leadership and management in driving innovation and automation leveraging advanced analytical techniques. In-depth knowledge of common databases like Citeline, Evaluate, Cortellis, IQVIA, etc.
- Soft skills: Strong learning agility; Ability to manage ambiguous environments, and to adapt to changing needs of the business; Good interpersonal and communication skills; strong presentation skills a must; Team player who is curious, dynamic, result oriented and can work collaboratively; Ability to think strategically in an ambiguous environment; Ability to operate effectively in an international matrix environment, with ability to work across time zones; Demonstrated leadership and management in driving innovation and automation leveraging advanced statistical and analytical techniques.
- Technical skills:
- 2-6 years of insights (competitive intelligence, market research and/or analytics) experience with demonstrated ability to think strategically in a fast-moving environment
- Demonstrated ability to drive to deadlines, balance competing priorities, and ensure high quality
- Experience with an Immunology focus preferred
- Experience with vendor-side CI firm strongly preferred
- Industry experience a plus
- Experienced and well-versed in various secondary sources (Cortellis, Evaluate, DRG, Biomedtracker, AlphaSense, syndicated market research – FirstWord, Spherix)
- Advanced MS-office skills (MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint)
- Slide development skills (i.e. ability to bring creativity to slides vs. text and data heavy-driven slides)
- Experience in data visualization and reporting tools (like Tableau, Power BI) is a plus
- Proficiency of programming languages (e.g. SQL, SAS, Python, R, VBA)
- Experience using analytical platforms (e.g. Databricks, Jupyter Notebook, SQL developers, Alteryx, etc) is a plus
- Experience with pharmaceutical data sources and CRM data systems (e.g. IQVIA, Symphony, Komodo, Veeva, Salesforce) is a plus
- Expert knowledge of Excel and proficiency in VBA is a plus
- Experience of developing and managing dashboards
- Project management abilities; capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- An aptitude for problem solving and strategic thinking
- Ability to synthesize complex information into clear and actionable insights
- Proven ability to work effectively across all levels of stakeholders and diverse functions
- Solid understanding of pharmaceutical development, manufacturing, supply chain and marketing functions
- Demonstrated leadership and management in driving innovation and automation leveraging advanced statistical and analytical techniques.
- Education: Advanced degree in areas such as Management/Statistics/Decision Sciences/Engineering/Life Sciences/ Business Analytics or related field (e.g., PhD / MBA / Masters)
- Languages: Excellent knowledge in English and strong communication skills – written and spoken
- Other requirement: Required to align to US EST work schedule to engage global insights and brand teams; This role is a sole contributor focused on development, delivery, and communication of insights
Pursue progress, discover extraordinary
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.