Shift Automation Engineer
- Location: Waterford
- Job type: Permanent, Full time
About the job
This is a shift position on a 24/7 rotation. Required to work 2 x days/nights, 2 x nights/days, then 4 x rest days.
Our Team in Waterford:
The multiple national award-winning Sanofi Waterford biopharmaceutical and medical device campus is located in Waterford on Ireland’s southeast coast. Established in 2001 and now with more than 700 employees, the site has seen more than €600m invested in state-of-the-art infrastructure and technology. Diversification continues to bring new products to Waterford and the expanded site portfolio continues to create new opportunities.
- Support to the Manufacturing and Engineering departments on shift
- Provide technical support & guidance to Process, Maintenance & Facilities Engineers
- Be responsible for and involved in troubleshooting & maintenance of all production processes and equipment
- Work closely with the Process Engineers on Investigations and delivering projects and Continuous Improvements to reduce / eliminate technical issues in the area
- Support initiatives / workshops FMEAs as required
- Identify, evaluate & implement opportunities for continuous improvement of the PLC / SCADA Automation Systems & applications
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in pharmaceutical control systems operational and/or project engineering role
- Experience of packaging and/or sterile pharmaceutical manufacturing environment is a plus
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to accurately document work performed
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks; must be detail orientated and self-motivated
- Must be able to work independently on own projects while working concurrently with all departments and levels of employees
- Excellent technical knowledge with good operational and/or project engineering experience i.e. all phases of the GAMP life cycle validation phases
- Strong Diagnostic & faulting abilities
- Good Knowledge of PLC (Siemens) / SCADA & Vision (Antares / Systech)
- Good Knowledge of Electrical systems, Drives Units & associated Schematics
- Degree in Technical Engineering discipline
What we offer
- A role where you are instrumental to creating best practice and as the organisation grows, you can too
- We offer a generous package including flexible benefits, and are committed to helping you have a healthy work-life balance throughout your career with us
- A newly refurbished gym is available onsite
- You will be based in our Waterford site which is accessible from M9
- Parking available onsite
If the description fits your experience and has aroused your interest, please apply so we can get in contact with you!
Discover our Code of Conduct, that serves as the moral compass that guides us when chasing the miracles of science to improve people’s lives. Please ensure to have read this document, before applying.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Pursue Progress, Discover Extraordinary
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.