Launch Lead Autoimmune Type 1 Diabetes
- Location: Milan
- Job type: Permanent, Full-Time
About the job
At Sanofi, we are driven by one purpose – we chase the miracles of science to improve people’s lives. Our team, across some 100 countries, is dedicated to transforming the practice of medicine by working to turn the impossible into the possible.
We never settle and now we are creating a new paradigm with a first-in-class therapy in Autoimmune Diabetes (Type 1 Diabetes).
Our newest core asset, resulting from the acquisition of Provention Bio in General Medicines Autoimmune Type 1 Diabetes space, aims at delaying the onset of stage 3 type 1 diabetes. This means that for the first time, people at risk of developing this lifelong disease have fresh hope. What delayed onset means is more time for children to be children with less healthcare and more care-free childhood. The delay also gives families and healthcare professionals more time to prepare care plans for a later diagnosis.
We now present an exciting opportunity for you to go further faster. If you’re excited by the prospect of bringing this innovative, first-in-class therapy to more people at risk then we want to hear from you as we build a great team who will work at the intersection of our growth in immune-mediated diseases and disease-modifying therapies in areas of high unmet need.
This is a chance to bring your energy, expertise and experience to truly transformative and career-defining leadership roles where you can help change countless lives. In return, you will have a rare opportunity in pharma – the chance to help disrupt and delay a debilitating and widespread disease.
This really is a ‘prime time’ role offering you huge visibility and the chance to fast-track your career in healthcare.
Innovation, patient focus and disruptive thinking are all key threads of our Play To Win culture.
Our Autoimmune Type 1 Diabetes journey starts now and you can help us chart a new course – not only for Sanofi but for preventive healthcare. Now is the time to add your strengths to ours!
We are seeking a highly motivated and visionary professional interested in shaping the management of people at risk of developing/or with T1 diabetes or those recently diagnosed. As the Launch Lead, you will work with cross-functional members in a matrix project structure (including Commercial, Market Access, Medical, Public Affairs, communication etc. and Global Launch Lead) to prepare a solid strategy for successful a first-in-class therapy in Autoimmune Type 1 Diabetes. Reporting to the local Head of Autoimmune T1D, this role offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth of Sanofi while making a significant difference in peoples' lives.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Implementing the global launch excellence framework at a local level, incl. definition of the critical success factors, pre- and post- launch KPIs and timelines for DO and EI labels to ensure timely and successful preparation and execution of the local launch plan
- Driving the execution of the local strategy for the launch of a first-in-class immunology drug in T1D
- Establishing “best in class” projects, programs, governance and change management processes at local level
- Contributing to the development of comprehensive local business cases for the brand
- Collaborating with local cross-functional teams to ensure deep understanding of launch excellence framework, brand strategy and best industry practices by providing on-going coaching and support
- Working with cross-functional team to localize and implement must-do launch activities 0-36 months as per Global launch Playbook
- Mapping and tracking core activities across all functional teams (Medical/Commercial/Public affairs/Market access)
- Developing risk mitigation plans and ensuring appropriate risk management to address issues that may impact the launch timeline or deliverables
- Participating into status meetings with Global stakeholders to provide regular updates, keep them informed about progress, challenges, and mitigation strategies to ensure alignment
- Developing internal launch communication plan
- Responding to ad-hoc inquiries
- Managing above and beyond resource requests
- Managing the local commercial budget allocated for the launch of the innovative drug, monitoring expenses, ensuring cost-effective resource allocation, and providing regular budget reports to the senior management
- 7-10 years of experience in Marketing/Sales (incl. development of TA strategy, positioning, development of new disease areas/drug classes etc.)
- Experience in delivering launches in new green field therapy areas
- Preferred successful global launch experience in Specialty / Rare disease / Type 1 Diabetes
- Medical Affairs/Market Access experience or acumen
- Ability to collaborate with a range of different functions at Global and country level to achieve outcomes
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including written and verbal communication of information and recommendations at management level as well as global and cross-functional communication
- Strong interpersonal skills reflecting cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Unique ability to manage group/team dynamics and resolve conflicts
- Solution-oriented and pragmatic
- Ability to synthesize complex and diverse inputs to a problem and recommend solutions
- Strong planning and PMO skills with the ability to lead, move at pace and simplify large complex programs/PMO certification preferred
- Strong Medical/Market access acumen
- Experience of external / customer interactions
- Robust experience with contributing to Global/country Brand plan
- Bachelor's degree in business, life sciences, or a related field
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English and Italian both written and verbal
Pursue progress. Discover extraordinary.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.