Senior Data Analyst
About the job
Sanofi Global Hub (SGH) is an internal Sanofi resource organization based in India and is setup to centralize processes and activities to support Specialty Care, Vaccines, General Medicines, CHC, CMO, and R&D, Data & Digital functions. SGH strives to be a strategic and functional partner for tactical deliveries to Medical, HEVA, and Commercial organizations in Sanofi, globally.
The overall purpose and main responsibilities are listed below:
- At our Sanofi we are leveraging analytics and technology, on behalf of patients around the world. We are seeking those who have a passion for using data, analytics, and insights to drive decision making that will allow us to tackle some of the world’s greatest health threats.
- Within our commercial Insights, Analytics, and Data organization we are transforming to better power decision-making across our end-to-end commercialization process, from business development to late lifecycle management.
- Forecasting and analytics deliverables support planning and decision making across multiple functional areas such as finance, manufacturing, product development and commercial.
- In addition to ensuring high-quality deliverables, our team drives synergies across the franchise, fosters innovation and best practices, and creates solutions to bring speed, scale and shareability to our planning processes. As we endeavour, we are seeking a dynamic talent for the role of “Senior Data Analyst”.
- It is essential to have someone who understands and aspires to implement innovative analytics techniques to drive our insights generation across different functions.
- Maintain effective relationship with the stakeholders (Country & Cross border Teams) within or cross GBUs and tasks – with an end objective to develop educational and communication content as per requirement.
- Actively lead and develop SGH operations associates and ensure innovative technologies are leveraged.
- Initiate the contracting process and related documents within defined timelines; and
- Collaborate with global stakeholders for project planning and setting up the timelines and maintaining budget.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of various promotion and marketing programs leveraging secondary data sources Marketing mix model / Promotion response model / ROI analysis; Impact of channel dynamics: Field Force/Multi-Channel Modelling (New Commercial Model)
- Optimizes promotion resource allocation; Scenario-Based Simulation; Other analyses include customer segmentation, market performance analysis/trend Break detection, pricing analysis, web-analytic tools; Develops new methodologies/software solutions
- Evaluating the impact of specific programs currently in process as part of the Omnichannel Strategy of the company
- Responsible for consistent metrics as inputs and outputs of the models
- Quantitative Strategy Consultant partner with a broad range of internal cross-BU client teams across regions to deliver and advise seamless solutions across the most specific marketing and sales issues facing a client
- Engage with lead Global Service Hub led to formulate and apply state-of-the-art management science approaches to define the need from the clients
- Integrate output from the Global Analytic CoE to support business Strategy issues working with the Global Service Hub lead
- Lead marketing and sales-related problem solving activities, leveraging output from other Global Analytic CoE Sub-Teams
- Develop, in collaboration with other Global Analytics CoE and Global Service Hub Lead, original marketing concepts, points of view, and problem-solving tools, frameworks, and approaches
- Prepare high-quality, accurate analysis using cutting-edge analytical methods
- Develop Resource Allocation tools and Advance Analytic process automation; Support predictive modelling projects (e.g., MCM/Digital Marketing Analytics)
- Frame the key marketing and sales issues to guide the team’s analysis and work plan
- Communicate model results and Implications to business partners
- Interact/partner with BI, Data Management, Market Research, Commercial/Business Excellence, Marketing, Strategy, Finance and BD groups.
- Use state-of-the-art methodologies and partner with internal teams to continuously improve data quality and availability by building business processes that support global standardization
- Ability to work cross-functionally, gather requirements, analyse data, and generate insights and reports that can be used by the GBU
- Work closely with global teams and/ external vendors to ensure the end-to-end effective project delivery of the designated deliverables.
- Experience: 4+ years of experience in pharmaceutical product commercial forecasting and analytics. In-depth knowledge of common databases like IQVIA, APLD, Engagement and execution data. Experience in commercial engagement datasets. Experience in Pharma Sales and Marketing Strategy Modelling, Advanced Econometric/Statistical modelling skills
- Soft skills: Strong learning agility; Ability to manage ambiguous environments, and to adapt to changing needs of the business; Good interpersonal and communication skills; strong presentation skills a must; Team player who is curious, dynamic, result oriented and can work collaboratively; Ability to think strategically in an ambiguous environment; Ability to operate effectively in an international matrix environment, with ability to work across time zones; Demonstrated leadership and management in driving innovation and automation leveraging advanced statistical and analytical techniques; High ethical standards and integrity.
- Technical skills:
- Proficient with analytical programming and tools such as SAS and Python (pandas, matplotlib, seaborn)
- Knowledge of data platform tools like Snowflake and cloud platforms like AWS, Azure
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Access/VBA/SQL
- Experience with Snowflake
- Experience of developing and managing dashboards
- Experience with pharmaceutical data and business terms
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Suites - Word PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Experience of using analytical tools like Power BI, Qliksense, Tableau, Smartsheet, and Alteryx etc.
- Project management abilities; capable of prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Autonomous, proactive, and strong interpersonal skills
- An aptitude for problem solving and strategic thinking.
- Ability to synthesize complex information into clear and actionable insights.
- Solid understanding of pharmaceutical development, manufacturing, supply chain and marketing functions
- Demonstrated leadership and management in driving innovation and automation leveraging advanced statistical and analytical techniques.
- Hard working, driven, results-oriented and focused on success.
- Strong healthcare industry knowledge and experience
- Ability to assimilate multiple sources of information into actionable insight for business issues
- Strong working knowledge of relevant data sources and ability to search for new and informative sources.
- Education: Advanced degree in areas such as Management/Statistics/Decision Sciences/Engineering/Life Sciences/ Business Analytics or related field (e.g., PhD / MBA / Masters)
- Languages: Excellent knowledge in English and strong communication skills – written and spoken
Pursue progress, discover extraordinary.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.