Clinical Research Director, I&I (Derm)
Clinical Research Director Early Development- Dermatology
The Clinical Research Director (CRD), Immunology & Inflammation (I&I) Therapeutic Area is responsible for the creation of the clinical development plan in alignment with the project strategy, its endorsement by governance and its execution in close collaboration with clinical operations. The CRD is expected to advance scientific and clinical knowledge for immunology in Dermatology, incorporate new methodologies and pro-actively progress study execution.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
· Create the clinical development strategy for one or more assets and document it in the clinical development plan in collaboration with the global project team and internal partners such as clinical operations, translational medicine, regulatory affairs, biostatistics, drug discovery, drug safety, marketing.
· Advance the CDP through internal management review.
· Leads a clinical subteam to design clinical studies and to create an abbreviated and full clinical study protocol.
· Oversee the execution of clinical studies in compliance with internal SOPs, GCP, ICH guidelines and other regulations.
· Review documents supporting clinical development such as Investigator’s brochure, regulatory documents for IND/CTA, clinical sections of integrated development plans, and submission dossiers for regulatory approval.
· Support drug registrations (contribution to submission dossiers label draft, regulatory response during the review process, Advisory Committee preparation).
· Contribute to data review, interpretation and publication of clinical study results.
· Represent Clinical Development at Health Authorities and incorporating advise into development strategy.
· Maintain or establish interaction with external scientific and clinical communities and to incorporate pertinent advice and learnings into the internal program.
· Align company position on clinical strategy with partner in alliance projects.
· translate biology into clinic in close collaboration with research and translational medicine.
· evaluate clinical aspects of business development opportunities as needed.
· apply high ethical standards and work with integrity.
Scientific and Technical Expertise:
This position requires a strong scientific and clinical foundation in dermatology. Advanced leadership skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with external partners, regulators, and diverse internal stakeholders and collaborators are essential prerequisites.
· Be experienced in advancing assets from discovery into clinical development.
· Have experience in novel approaches in translational medicine.
· Have and maintain deep scientific, technical and clinical knowledge in Dermatology.
· Demonstrated problem solving skills.
· Understand and keep updated with the pre-clinical, clinical pharmacology and clinical data relevant to the molecule of interest and the respective therapeutic area.
· Be able to translate current understanding of disease pathogenesis into functional consequences and clinical outcome.
· Have an understanding of novel biomarker and precision medicine approaches, novel clinical trial designs, endpoints and statistical methods.
· Understand the competitive environment.
· Have established connections within the medical field of their expertise.
· Have a credible publication record.
· Medical Doctor. Should be board certified or equivalent in dermatology or allergy/immunology.
· Must have completed education and training at a medical school that meets the requirements of the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or equivalent.
· More than 5 years of clinical or scientific and/or more than >10 years industry experience within the field of dermatology.
· Strong scientific and academic background within clinical research, pharmaceutical experience or experimental medicine experience in the respective therapeutic area preferred.
· Knowledge of drug development preferred.
· Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, negotiation and networking skills in a cross-cultural global environment.
· Performance oriented with ability to work along agreed timelines and a focus on strategy and execution.
· Outstanding communicator. Excellent problem-solving, conflict-resolution and decision-making skills.
· Fluent in English (verbal and written communication).
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.