Senior Manager, Credit Reporting and Disputes
Upstart is a leading AI lending marketplace partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. By leveraging Upstart's AI marketplace, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates across races, ages, and genders, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. More than two-thirds of Upstart loans are approved instantly and are fully automated.
Upstart is a digital-first company, which means that most Upstarters can live and work anywhere in the U.S. We also have offices in San Mateo, California; Columbus, Ohio; and Austin, Texas.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
Upstart’s credit disputes team is responsible for the full lifecycle of disputes to include intake, investigation, remediation, and communications/response. The team partners with Product, Engineering, and Compliance stakeholders to ensure Upstart provides an optimal consumer experience while fulfilling all policy and regulatory obligations.
As the Senior Manager-Credit Reporting and Disputes at Upstart, you will drive strategy, support automation and integration, as well as the execution and oversight of all credit reporting and disputes processes. You’ll lead a team of manager(s) and specialists responsible for the intake, investigation, remediation, and response to indirect and direct credit disputes.
How you’ll make an impact
- Manage and Lead a team of manager(s) and specialists responsible for the entire lifecycle of credit disputesDrive strategy and support automation/integration of industry best practices and leading solutions
- Represent Upstart Operations cross functionally to ensure the company creates and maintains an optimal consumer experience while fully complying with all applicable policies and regulations
- Ensure Upstart’s credit reporting and disputes programs are audit and exam ready at all times
- Cultivate team members to ensure resiliency and continuity of operations
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and equivalent, applicable professional experience
- 3 years direct experience managing credit reporting and/or disputes programs in the financial services industry
- Deep understanding of the Fair Credit Reporting Act and related laws/regulations3 or more years managing manager(s) and teams
- 5 or more years in a senior management role leading credit reporting and/or disputes at a financial services company
- CDIA, Certified Fraud Examiner, or similar professional certifications
- The ability to matrix manage and operate in ambiguous environments3 or more years of fraud experience in financial services
- Product manager or similar cross functional experienceLean process experience/certification
Position location Columbus, OH / Austin, TX / San Mateo, CA
Time zone requirements The team operates on the East/West coast time zones.
Travel requirements As a digital first company, the majority of your work can be accomplished remotely. The majority of our employees can live and work anywhere in the U.S but are encouraged to to still spend high quality time in-person collaborating via regular on sites. The in-person sessions’ cadence varies depending on the team and role; most teams meet once or twice per quarter for 2-4 consecutive days at a time.
This is a Non-Exempt position. Employees in this position are paid an hourly pay rate, on a bi-weekly basis, and are eligible to receive overtime pay for any hours worked over 40 in a work week, or over 8 in a work day if required by state law.
At Upstart, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. The anticipated annualized base salary for this position is expected to be within the below range. Your actual base pay will depend on your geographic location–with our “digital first” philosophy, Upstart uses compensation regions that vary depending on location. Individual pay is also determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
In addition, Upstart provides employees with target bonuses, equity compensation, and generous benefits packages (including medical, dental, vision, and 401k).
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.