Upstart is a leading AI lending marketplace partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. By leveraging Upstart's AI marketplace, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates across races, ages, and genders, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. More than two-thirds of Upstart loans are approved instantly and are fully automated.
Upstart is a digital-first company, which means that most Upstarters live and work anywhere in the United States. However, we also have offices in San Mateo, California; Columbus, Ohio; and Austin, Texas.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
Upstart’s Mailroom team is responsible for handling mailing logistics for Upstart's Operation Departments. We ensure Upstart’s mailing policies and procedures are executed correctly and in compliance with State and Federal regulations in order to mitigate any business risks.
As the Mailroom Associate at Upstart, you will be responsible for identifying and processing Inbound and Outbound Mail for all departments and employees. You will sort, open, scan, distribute and record all physical mail into our CRM system. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with other Upstart teams to resolve mailing related issues.
Position Location - This role is available in the following location: San Mateo, CA [In person role]
Time Zone Requirements - This team operates on the East/West Coast time zones. This person will be expected to work 9:30am to 6:00pm PST.
Travel Requirements - You must be capable of arriving at Upstart's San Mateo’s Headquarters on a daily basis, Monday through Friday, before the scheduled shift time.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Process Inbound Mail within the Department’s deadline expectations and support the Outbound Mail team
- Distribute Inbound Mail digitally for departments to respond ensuring customer satisfaction and compliance with State and Federal regulations
- Plan, suggest, and implement new processes to enhance the company’s mailing logistics
- Collaborate and build relationships with other in-office and remote teams.
- Contribute to positive and inclusive work culture
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum qualifications:
- Ability to be in-office, in San Mateo, CA, with a shift time of 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM PST, Monday through Friday
- High School Diploma or GED
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism and discretion especially when handling sensitive information
- Strong problem solving skills, self motivated, confident, energetic, flexible with the ability to work fast with a high degree of accuracy and detail.
- The ability to lift weight up to and in excess of 50 lbs.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Experience with Salesforce, Jira, Google Sheets, Excel, Google Docs
- Ability to learn and understand new technologies and processes in a short time frame
- Ability to utilize time management skills to prioritize tasks and deadlines
- Good verbal/ writing skills and ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
What you'll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with Health Savings Account contributions from Upstart
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to $4,500 and immediate vesting and after-tax savings
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life and disability insurance
- Generous holiday, vacation, sick and safety leave
- Supportive parental, family care, and military leave programs
- Annual wellness, technology & ergonomic reimbursement programs
- Social activities including team events and onsites, all-company updates, employee resource groups (ERGs), and other interest groups such as book clubs, fitness, investing, and volunteering
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks when working in offices
#LI-Internship --> use for internships
#LI-Entry --> use for new graduate roles, L1, L2
#LI-Associate --> use for L3, L4
#LI-MidSenior --> use for L5, L6
#LI-Director --> use for L7
#LI-Executive --> use for L8+
This is a Non-Exempt position. Employees in this position are paid an hourly pay rate, on a bi-weekly basis, and are eligible to receive overtime pay for any hours worked over 40 in a work week, or over 8 in a work day if required by state law.
At Upstart, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. The anticipated annualized base salary for this position is expected to be within the below range. Your actual base pay will depend on your geographic location–with our “digital first” philosophy, Upstart uses compensation regions that vary depending on location. Individual pay is also determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
In addition, Upstart provides employees with target bonuses, equity compensation, and generous benefits packages (including medical, dental, vision, and 401k).
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing an application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please email email@example.com