Senior Engineering Manager - Site Reliability Engineering
Senior Engineering Manager - Site Reliability Engineering
Who We Are
Arcadia is a technology company empowering energy innovators and consumers to fight the climate crisis. Our software and APIs are revolutionizing an industry held back by outdated systems and institutions by creating unprecedented access to the data and clean energy needed to make a decarbonized energy grid possible.
In 2014: Arcadia set out on its mission to break the fossil fuel monopoly and since then we have been knocking down the institutional barriers to unlock decarbonization. To date, we have connected hundreds of thousands of consumers and small businesses with high-quality clean energy options. Fast forward to today, and now, we're thinking even bigger. We have launched Arc, an industry-defining SaaS platform that empowers developers and energy innovators to deliver their own custom: personalized energy experiences, accelerating the transformation of the industry from an analog energy system into a digitized information network.
Tackling one of the world's biggest challenges requires out-of-the-box thinking & diverse perspectives. We are building a team of individuals from different backgrounds, industries, & educational experiences. If you share our passion for ushering in the era of the clean electron, we look forward to learning what you would uniquely bring to Arcadia! Visit www.arcadia.com.
HO: Washington, DC
$1.5B valuation: $380 million funding to date
As a Senior Engineering Manager - Site Reliability Engineering, you will directly contribute to democratizing access to clean energy by building the technology and infrastructure that make it happen. You'll work across the infrastructure and application stack: contribute to scalable systems, and dive headfirst into technical. material. In doing so, you will unlock a more human relationship with energy,accelerating everyone's agency to choose renewables, and hopefully stabilize our climate before it's too late.
What we're looking for:
We are seeking a curious and resourceful Senior Engineering Manager - Site Reliability Engineering to join. our Chennai SRE team. The ideal candidate is a low-ego team player who has a background in building scalable web infrastructure, strongly believes in infrastructure as code: and relishes the chance to take on a highly visible role within a collaborative engineering team. We are looking for an inquisitive problem-solver who approaches engineering problems and potential solutions with a unique, holistic, and long-term perspective and is genuinely excited to build and support software expanding renewable energy access to millions of households across the country.
This person will be responsible for leading the SRE efforts in India managing the SRE team and reporting to the India Engineering Head.The person will also collaborate closely with SRE leadership in the US who are part of the foundational pillar within R&D. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who relishes the chance to engage with cutting-edge technology, influence how our team builds and stays relevant and work in a fast-paced environment Our engineering values are deeply ingrained in our culture-- you can read more about them here.
Our infrastructure is primarily AWS-based, managed by Terraform and Cloudformation: and deployed using best CI/CD practices. In your application, please include a link to GitHub or another place where your code is published, though we understand that not everyone has public code online.
What you'll do:
- Empower, guide, and maximize a team of mission-driven site reliability engineers to solve challenging problems in the energy industry by building infrastructure using cutting-edge technology
- Mentor fellow site reliability engineers for them to be able to grow in their skillset and remain fully accountable for their respective services, within their role
- Deliver results in the fast-paced environment of a growing startup while always treating team members and colleagues with empathy & humanity
- Partner with Engineering, Product, and other stakeholders to deliver new application features: third-party tooling and functionality through automated testing and deployment
- Design: Implement & maintain the architecture of scalable backend services that can scale with demand and. remain resilient during times of crisis
- Help evolve and maintain our application infrastructure, using Terraform: Cloudformation Kubernetes: Helm charts and exploring new technologies with the team that can be expanded on the reliability and security of our systems
- Author, document and maintain business-critical infrastructure-as-code and what will help you succeed:
- Collaborate with Engineering leadership and cross-functional partners (including Product, Design, Marketing) to establish roadmaps and strategy that help serve and grow the business
- Overall 10+ years of experience as a Site Reliability, DevOps, or Systems Engineer in a startup, leading product company or MNC supporting high-availability large-scale web-based applications with 3 years of experience managing a team.
- Very strong communication skills and able to work shoulder to shoulder with the US site reliability engineering leadership team
- Experience with Terraform, cloud formation or similar
- Experience managing and maintaining a resilient, fault-tolerant, containerized cloud infrastructure (ideally Kubernetes on AWS) where software is deployed via Cl/CD pipelines, GitOps
- Experience with infrastructure & service monitoring and alerting
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into clear, actionable information
- Comfortable managing the balance between deploying necessary infrastructure changes quickly and shipping perfect infrastructure updates
- Flexible to jump on to calls, roll up the sleeves and take ownership as necessary during system outages and incidents, and then participate in Incident Reviews once resolved
- Ability to scope, prioritize, and deliver on project commitments
- Ability and internal drive to problem-solve: both creatively and pragmatically
- Skill with mentoring and learning from other engineers: treating colleagues with respect, and guiding them through challenging tradeoffs to create scalable and reliable solutions
- Passion for our mission, sustainability, and drive a clean-energy future
- Experience with common web frameworks and their deployment patterns
- Experience with Jenkins & Github Actions for CI/CD pipelines and scheduling
- Experience working with data warehouses (Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake etc)
- Experience with using various data stores including PostgreSQL on RDS, Aurora, Dynamo and Elastic search
- Experience with application observability and alerting
- Experience managing event-driven architectures with AWS Lambda, CloudWatch, and SQS
- Industry certifications = AWS Solutions Architect Associate+, CNCF CKA, or relevant.
- Competitive compensation based on market standards
- We are working on a hybrid model with remote first policy
- Apart from Fixed Base Salary potential candidates are eligible for following benefits
- Flexible Leave Policy
- Office is located in the heart of the city in case you need to step in for any purpose.
- Medical Insurance (1+5 Family Members)
- Annual performance cycle
- Quarterly team engagement activities and rewards & recognitions
- L&D programs to foster professional growth
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in India.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.