Analytics Engineer III
Who we are
Arcadia is the technology company empowering energy innovators and consumers to fight the climate crisis. Our software and APIs are revolutionizing an industry held back by outdated systems and institutions by creating unprecedented access to the data and clean energy needed to make a decarbonized energy grid possible.
In 2014, Arcadia set out on its mission to break the fossil fuel monopoly and since then we have been knocking down the institutional barriers to unlock decarbonization. To date, we have connected hundreds of thousands of consumers and small businesses with high-quality clean energy options. Fast forward to today, and now, we’re thinking even bigger. We have launched Arc, an industry-defining SaaS platform that empowers developers and energy innovators to deliver their own custom, personalized energy experiences, accelerating the transformation of the industry from an analog energy system into a digitized information network.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges requires out-of-the-box thinking & diverse perspectives. We’re building a team of individuals from different backgrounds, industries, & educational experiences. If you share our passion for ushering in the era of the clean electron, we look forward to learning what you would uniquely bring to Arcadia! Visit www.arcadia.com.
HQ: Washington, DC
$1.5B valuation; $380M funding to date
What we’re looking for
We are seeking an Analytics Engineer III to create clean, curated, organized data sets used by our Data Analysts, Operations teams, and other Arcadians. The role will be hands-on and collaborative, building data assets that enable analysis and drive daily business decisions. You’ll bring an engineer’s rigor and a seasoned data modeler’s expertise to our thorniest data modeling problems, working with the rest of the Analytics Engineering team to organize and rationalize our data.
Our data lake is hosted on Snowflake and that’s also where we build our curated data layer–we call it the Lakehouse. You’ll work primarily with SQL in dbt; we use dbt Core, orchestrated in Prefect.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who relishes the chance to engage with cutting-edge technology, influence the development of a world-class data ecosystem and work in a fast-paced environment on a high-morale, tightly knit team. You’ll work with a globally distributed team with a center of gravity in Chennai, India, but with key collaborators across the United States.
What you’ll do
- Transform, test, deploy and document data to deliver clean and trustworthy data for analysis to end-users.
- Collaborate with data scientists, data analysts, and business analysts to identify the most elegant and effective data structures to understand our constantly growing and evolving business.
- Help bring engineering best practices (reliability, modularity, test coverage, documentation) to our DAG and to our Data team generally.
- Collaborate with data engineers to build robust, tested, scalable ELT pipelines.
- On a daily basis…
- Data modeling: model raw data into clean, tested and reusable datasets to represent our key business data concepts. Define the rules and requirements for the formats and attributes of data.
- Data transformation: build our data lakehouse by transforming raw data into meaningful, useful data elements through joining, filtering and aggregating source data.
- Data documentation: create and maintain data documentation including data definitions and understandable data descriptions to enable broad-scale understanding of use of data.
- Employ engineering best practices to write code and improve our code base.
What will help you succeed
- 2+ years as an Analytics Engineer or equivalent role (we know titles aren’t everything!). Experience with dbt is strongly preferred.
- 4+ years, cumulatively, in the data space (data engineering, data science, analytics, or similar)
- Strong understanding of conceptual data modeling and data mart design.
- An understanding of data structures and/or database design plus deep experience with SQL and Python
- Experience building data pipelines and database management including Snowflake or similar
- Ability to bring a customer-oriented and empathetic approach to understanding how data is used to drive the business
- Strong communication skills
- Degree in math, statistics, engineering, computer science, or related technical field
- Experience in predictive modeling and statistical analysis
- Experience with BI platforms
- Experience working in global, distributed teams
- Experience in the energy sector
- Competitive compensation based on market standards
- We are working on a hybrid model with remote first policy
- Apart from Fixed Base Salary potential candidates are eligible for following benefits
- Flexible Leave Policy
- Office is located in the heart of the city in case you need to step in for any purpose.
- Medical Insurance (1+5 Family Members)
- Annual performance cycle
- Quarterly team engagement activities and rewards & recognitions
- L&D programs to foster professional growth
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in India.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.