Compliance Manager, Community Solar Sales
Who We Are
Arcadia is the technology company empowering energy innovators and consumers to fight the climate crisis. Our software and APIs are revolutionizing an industry held back by outdated systems and institutions by creating unprecedented access to the data and clean energy needed to make a decarbonized energy grid possible.
In 2014, Arcadia set out on its mission to break the fossil fuel monopoly and since then we have been knocking down the institutional barriers to unlock decarbonization. To date, we have connected hundreds of thousands of consumers and small businesses with high-quality clean energy options. Fast forward to today, and now, we’re thinking even bigger. We have launched Arc, an industry-defining SaaS platform that empowers developers and energy innovators to deliver their own custom, personalized energy experiences, accelerating the transformation of the industry from an analog energy system into a digitized information network.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges requires out-of-the-box thinking & diverse perspectives. We’re building a team of individuals from different backgrounds, industries, & educational experiences. If you share our passion for ushering in the era of the clean electron, we look forward to learning what you would uniquely bring to Arcadia!
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a Compliance Manager for Community Solar Sales to join the operations and legal team. The person will play a pivotal role in ensuring that our community solar sales operations comply with all relevant regulations, standards, and best practices. This position is vital in maintaining our commitment to ethical business practices and adherence to industry and regional requirements. The ideal candidate will have a background in understanding and ensuring that all legal requirements are followed by the Company in all of its sales interactions with consumers.
Arcadia is headquartered in Washington, DC, and is open to fully remote candidates.
What you'll do:
- Regulatory Compliance: Stay updated on federal, state, and local regulations and industry standards applicable to community solar sales. Interpret and apply compliance requirements to our sales operations.
- Solar Sales Compliance Policy Development: Develop and implement compliance policies and procedures specific to community solar sales. Ensure all team members are aware of and adhere to these policies.
- Illinois Compliance Plan: Ensure that all aspects of the Company’s Illinois Compliance Plan are met, which includes, but is not limited to ensuring compliance with all Illinois laws, marketing reviews, reporting, responding to complaints and inquiries, and drafting monthly reports.
- Training and Education: Conduct training sessions to educate sales teams on compliance requirements, ethical practices, and consumer protection. Monitor and evaluate the efficiency of training programs.
- Auditing and Monitoring: Establish a monitoring program to regularly review sales activities and documents for compliance. Conduct internal and external audits and implement corrective actions as needed.
- Documentation and Record-Keeping: Maintain comprehensive records of compliance-related activities, audits, and corrective actions. Ensure accurate documentation of all sales transactions and consumer interactions.
- Consumer Protection: Champion consumer protection initiatives and ensure that sales practices prioritize the best interests of consumers. Address and resolve consumer complaints related to sales activities.
- Reporting: Prepare regular reports on compliance status and provide updates to senior management. Communicate with relevant regulatory authorities as required.
- Continuous Improvement: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify areas for process improvement and risk mitigation. Implement changes to improve compliance and operational efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field. Advanced degrees or certifications in compliance or a related field are a plus.
- Proven experience in compliance management, preferably in the solar or renewable energy industry. At least three years of relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of community solar regulations and consumer protection laws.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team.
- Detail-oriented with a dedication to ethical business practices.
- Shown project management skills and experience interacting with senior leaders and high-level external collaborators.
- Available during Eastern Standard Time hours
- "Remote first" culture - work anywhere in the US as long as you have a reliable internet connection
- Flexible PTO - no accrued hours and no limit on the number of vacation days employees can take each year
- 17 annual company-wide holidays including a week long "summer break"
- 10 days sick leave
- Up to 4 weeks bereavement leave
- 2 volunteer days off
- 2 professional development days off
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all parents
- Weekly "flex time" - no internal meetings on Tuesdays and Friday afternoons
- 80-95% employer cost coverage for medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees and dependents
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Target Annual Compensation Range for this role will be $85,000 to $145,000. There will also be a competitive benefits and equity (bonus if applicable) component to the package. The exact compensation at which this job is filled will be determined by the skills, experience, and location of the qualified candidate.