Senior Backend / Core Engineer - Customer Experience Org
Vendia’s Customer Experience (CX) engineering organization is seeking a Senior Backend / Core Engineer to leverage their expert knowledge of building and operating cloud native applications to deliver critical features across Vendia’s distributed data platform. The CX organization focuses on how customers interact with Vendia. Our teams are responsible for the console web experience, APIs, client SDKs and CLI, as well as full stack software that enables multiple roadmaps, including the enterprise experience, integrations, messaging, billing, and more.
This role will partner closely with Vendia’s Product and Solution Architect teams to contribute product definition, design, and the implementation of APIs enabling new functionality across Vendia’s offerings. You should possess a deep understanding of best practices in operating and running highly available, performant SaaS / IaaS offerings 24/7/365. As an early member of the team, in addition to developing software, you’ll also help shape team operational processes and personnel growth through recruiting and mentoring.
As a Senior Backend / Core Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing a cloud-based, fully managed, server-side architecture at the core of Vendia’s real-time distributed data platform.
- Influencing the overall vision of Vendia’s offerings by collaborating with Product and Design teams to create suites of products that help customers manage large volumes of real-time data.
- Implementing best practices, including automation, CI/CD workflows, testing and quality controls, security, performance optimization, and more.
- Partnering with leadership to create engineering roadmaps that balance new features with rapid customer growth and engineering excellence.
- 5+ years experience software development in a distributed engineering role with direct operational responsibility (oncall experience), preferably on a public cloud service.
- Teaching-level mastery in at least one of the following languages: Node / TypeScript, Rust, Python, Java, Go.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g. DynamoDB), Serverless AWS Services (e.g. AWS Lambda, API Gateway, AWS Cognito) or equivalent on Azure, GCP.
- Experienced with industry best practices, including testing frameworks, CI/CD pipelines and OpEx.
- Ability to plan projects, communicate status and deliver results while keeping high quality standards.
- 4 year undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience at a startup or similar fast-paced environment, ideally with cloud-based applications, infrastructure services, and/or enterprise SaaS offerings.
- Experience working with multiple clouds, including two or more of Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
- Masters, PhD, or other advanced academic degree in Computer Science, Cryptography, or related areas.
- Transparent work products, such as GitHub commits to a well-known open source project.
- Willingness to engage in public speaking/events and perform customer demonstrations and training.
- Compensation decisions are determined using a variety of factors and individual qualifications. Our salary range for this position for full-time employees in the United States is $160,000 - $210,000.
- Our benefits offerings include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401 (k), Responsible Adults Paid Time Off Policy, paid holidays including Winter Break, and a home office setup stipend.
Vendia’s business blockchain facilitates secure, trusted, and controlled data exchange between multiple parties so enterprises can automate and accelerate data workflows across business networks. Some of the world’s biggest brands are already leveraging Vendia to bring strategic partners together and quickly build data applications that unlock revenue, innovation, and cost savings.
Vendia is a rapidly growing, minority-owned startup headquartered in San Francisco and Seattle, backed by $50M in investment from top-tier investors. Vendia was founded by industry veterans, Dr. Tim Wagner, the inventor of Lambda serverless computing at Amazon Web Services and VP of Engineering at Coinbase, and Shruthi Rao who led go-to-market of Serverless and Blockchain at Amazon Web Services.
We embrace remote workers but also love interactive development. Our culture is dynamic, with a focus on rapid, iterative delivery and continuous learning from customer engagements. Most importantly, we are a "succeed or fail together" company - everyone here plays nicely with each other, a culture we’ve enshrined in our Kind Humans Policy, and a key requirement for all job applicants.
Something looks off?