Senior Full Stack Engineer - Customer Experience Org
Vendia’s Customer Experience (CX) engineering organization is seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer to leverage their expert knowledge of building and operating cloud native applications to deliver critical features across Vendia’s distributed data platform. The CX organization focuses on how customers interact with Vendia. Our teams are responsible for the console web experience, APIs, client SDKs and CLI, as well as full stack software that enables multiple roadmaps, including the enterprise experience, integrations, messaging, billing, and more.
This role interacts closely with our Product, Design and Marketing teams, creating an immersive experience for Vendia’s customers. You’ll be responsible for the customer experience across each of our clients, as well as customer facing infrastructure. You should possess a strong customer-centric, product-oriented background, as well as deep knowledge of full-stack languages and frameworks. As an early member of the team, in addition to developing software, you’ll also help shape team operational processes and personnel growth through recruiting and mentoring.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Designing, implementing, deploying and supporting client-side and server-side architectures, from accessible web applications to our dynamic CLI & SDKs.
- Advocating for best engineering practices, including automation, CI/CD workflows, quality, security, performance and more.
- Collaborating with Product, Design and Marketing Teams to define customer and support personas, spanning first visitor to the engineering developer experience.
- Partnering with leadership to create engineering roadmaps that balance new features with rapid customer growth and engineering excellence.
- 5+ years experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role, in a distributed engineering role with direct operational responsibility (oncall experience), preferably on a public cloud service.
- Experience with creating responsive web applications and their corresponding backend APIs, implemented using industry best practices, including testing frameworks, CI/CD pipelines and OpEx.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g. DynamoDB), AWS services (e.g. AWS Lambda, API Gateway, AWS Cognito) and UI/UX design
- Fluency in at least one back-end language (Node.js/Python/Go)
- Ability to plan projects, communicate status and deliver high quality results.
- 4 year undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent experience.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience at a startup or similar fast-paced environment delivering B2B application or infrastructure services, and/or enterprise SaaS offerings.
- Past contributions to open source projects.
- Willingness to engage in public speaking or customer demonstrations and training.
- Compensation decisions are determined using a variety of factors and individual qualifications. Our salary range for this position for full-time employees in the United States is $160,000 - $210,000.
- Our benefits offerings include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401 (k), Responsible Adults Paid Time Off Policy, paid holidays including Winter Break, and a home office setup stipend.
Vendia’s business blockchain facilitates secure, trusted, and controlled data exchange between multiple parties so enterprises can automate and accelerate data workflows across business networks. Some of the world’s biggest brands are already leveraging Vendia to bring strategic partners together and quickly build data applications that unlock revenue, innovation, and cost savings.
Vendia is a rapidly growing, minority-owned startup headquartered in San Francisco and Seattle, backed by $50M in investment from top-tier investors. Vendia was founded by industry veterans, Dr. Tim Wagner, the inventor of Lambda serverless computing at Amazon Web Services and VP of Engineering at Coinbase, and Shruthi Rao who led go-to-market of Serverless and Blockchain at Amazon Web Services.
We embrace remote workers but also love interactive development. Our culture is dynamic, with a focus on rapid, iterative delivery and continuous learning from customer engagements. Most importantly, we are a "succeed or fail together" company - everyone here plays nicely with each other, a culture we’ve enshrined in our Kind Humans Policy, and a key requirement for all job applicants.
Something looks off?