Ready to change the world?
This is a 6 month contract role with the possibility to extend.
We are reinventing how products are delivered around the world by unlocking the path not yet traveled.
Our company was founded in 2015 and is backed by Silicon Valley’s most prominent VCs, including LightSpeed Venture Partners and YCombinator. Volansi provides fast on-demand aerial delivery service for time-critical shipments over long ranges. We build and operate long-range, high-payload drones for commercial, defense, and humanitarian applications. Leveraging drone technology as a transportation method, we help our customers gain control of their supply chain and save millions of dollars on downtime and inventory costs.
Our work came from the immediate need for critical delivery of parts to drastically reduce downtime for an automotive company. From this idea, our founders have scaled the company into a team of highly skilled and motivated individuals to serve critical delivery markets.
In this important role you will author complex technical documentation for an engineering and product management audience.
What you will do
- Create and maintain SDK documentation and related development materials.
- Work closely with engineering, product, and support teams to ensure quality and accuracy of content.
- Design, draft, and edit technical and process documentation.
- Support the release and adoption of software.
- Support multiple programming languages and development platforms.
- Create and maintain code samples and sample applications, as needed.
- 3+ years of experience authoring complex technical documentation for an engineering audience.
- Experience with SDK or API documentation for a technical audience.
- Experience working with markdown content formatting.
- Experience interpreting example code so that it can be explained to users.
- Experience using source control to manage and publish content.
- Established record of project ownership, project management, and self-direction.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or English or equivalent work experience.
- Experience collaborating effectively across multiple teams and competing deadlines.