Manager, Product Lifecycle & Configuration Management
Ready to change the world?
We are reinventing how products are delivered around the world by unlocking the path not yet traveled. Our company was founded in 2015 and is backed by Silicon Valley’s most prominent VCs, including YCombinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Icon Ventures. Volansi provides fast on-demand aerial delivery service for time-critical shipments over long ranges. We build and operate long-range, high-payload drones for commercial, defense, and humanitarian applications. Leveraging drone technology as a transportation method, we help our customers gain control of their supply chain and save millions of dollars on downtime and inventory costs.
Our work came from the immediate need for critical delivery of parts to drastically reduce downtime for an automotive company. From this idea, our founders have scaled the company into a team of highly skilled and motivated individuals to serve critical delivery markets.
Volansi is looking for a Manager of Product Life Cycle (PLM) and Configuration management (CM).You need to be self-motivated with a burning desire to constantly push the known boundaries of technology to create the next generation of delivery platforms. This is a unique opportunity for you to contribute to the future of autonomous vehicles, aviation, logistics and transportation, and make a long-lasting impact.
What you will do
- Corporate Engineering Services process and procedure owner - including working with global teams on review and improvement of processes
- Responsible for providing day to day guidance on ECR, ECO, ECN, and PLM standards
- Responsible for PLM bug and enhancement review and testing
- Owner of daily trouble tickets for PLM and CM
- Training large groups of users on CM, ECR, ECO, ECN and PLM processes
- Business support for PLM (Arena). Including roadmap creation, training, upgrade planning, upgrade project support. User acceptance planning and execution for new PLM projects
- Business support for PLM and ERP integration. Including technical troubleshooting, process review and training
- New acquisition support – Integration to PLM, ECO and ERP
- Lead cross functional team to develop and deploy PLM throughout the company. Gather requirements to produce a project plan that will develop processes, procedures and tools to integrate the PLM system.
- Support multiple product teams through Volansi’s New Product Release Process
- Understand and execute in Arena, SolidWorks and Altium Configuration Management
- Define and maintain BOM structures in Arena
- BOM synchronization between relevant business teams (Engineering, Product Data Management)
- Manage Marketing Part Numbers (MPNs) and product configurations related to hardware configuration codes
- Minimum 5 years' experience with Cloud Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Preferred Arena experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience with PLM best practice development and process design in the areas of New Product Development & Introduction, Product Data Management, Product Information Management, Product Quality Management or Compliance
- Minimum 5 years' experience with PLM Cloud Solution Design and Configuration with one or more of the following PLM Cloud Capabilities:
- Innovation Management
- Product Development
- Quality Management
- Configurator Modeling
- Product Master Data Management
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (minimum 10 years work experience).
- If Associate’s Degree, must have equivalent minimum 4 years of additional work experience
- 5-10 years of BOM, Change and Configuration Management experience working with cross-functional teams such as Marketing, Studio, Engineering and Operations or equivalent experience
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Aerospace or Drone experience
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Opportunities for internal career growth
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- 401k and stock options
- Concord, CA, Mesa, AZ and Bend, OR offices are dog-friendly!